Families who are caring for a child with a developmental and/or physical disability can apply to receive funding through Special Services at Home, also known as “SSAH”. This funding provides support in covering costs for primary caregiver relief and for activities of personal growth or development.
The program can support you in paying for special services in or outside of your home, as long as your child does not receive support from a residential program.
For example, SSAH can be used to offset the costs of:
Families are eligible and can apply if your child:
There is no income criteria to receive this funding, however, the amount of funding you receive depends on:
1. Download the application form
2. Attach a medical statement or psychological assessment to your application (it should include a description of the disability, an explanation of why you need services, and how much it will cost)
Watch a tutorial provided by Surrey Place but clicking the button to the right, “Online Tutorial”.
You can choose to administer your funding in two ways:
If using the self-administered funding model, you must send your invoices for eligible services to the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services for reimbursement. To do this, you can:
How can I attend a Funding Information Session?
To attend a funding information session you must be receiving services from Kids Pathways Peel (KPP) or Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS). Find our next funding session by visiting our calendar of events here.
How can I submit my expense claims?
After you purchase services or supports, you can submit your expense claims by:
What is “MyDirectPlan”?
MyDirectPlan is a tool that can help you organize and submit SSAH expenses online. With MyDirectPlan you can:
As a MyDirectPlan user, you will also have access to our mobile app so you can manage your funding on the go and enjoy convenient features, like being able to take photos of your receipt on your phone or tablet and attach it directly to your expenses. The MyDirectPlan (MDP) mobile app is available for download on the Apple App store and Google Play store.
Signing up is easy. To get started all you need is your funding letter and go to www.MyDirectPlan.com and create an account. Our step by step wizard will help you get onboard.
If you have any questions or need assistance contact us:
Where can I get more invoices?
If you require additional blank invoice templates, you can:
Where is my regional office?
If you live in Peel, your local regional office is in Mississauga.
6733 Mississauga Road, Suite 200
How can I find a special services worker or support worker?
1. Consider your natural supports. Do you have anyone who is currently supporting you in caring for your child? SSAH can be used to pay for the services of friends, neighbours, extended family members and school support staff
2. Private Respite Providers. CDRCP hosts a free database of qualified, experienced Providers looking to support families in their area. Families and Providers arrange fees, scheduling and support needs
3. Community Agency Respite. SSAH can be used to offset the costs of support provided through community agencies such as respite, social groups and camp
Learn more by visiting [InfoPeel’s respite page once created].
What kind of homemaking tasks can the funding cover?
To allow you to have more time with your child with special needs or to take part in other family activities, temporary help with routine homemaking tasks may be covered. These may include light housecleaning, meal preparation, laundry and grass/snow maintenance.