Child care is a place for children to learn through play and to have their needs cared for. It is also a place for families to drop off their children in the care of child care providers while they attend to other daily obligations.
InfoPeel can support your child care inquiries and help you make informed decisions by providing information and resources on topics such as, but not limited to:
- Conducting a search for your nearest licensed child care providers using Region of Peel Childcare Search Tool
- Licensed child care centres, licensed child care homes, and unlicensed child care information
- Applying to Child Care Subsidy through the Region of Peel
- Ontario’s Child Care Tax credit
- Legislations and regulations within the Child Care and Early Years Act (2014)
- Special needs supports in child care [such as Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS) and Individualized Support Plans]
- Finding your nearest EarlyON Child and Family Centre using our Peel Early Learning and Child Care Directory
- Finding dates and times to attend EarlyON programs using the interactive EarlyON Calendar
- Finding camps and other recreational programs within the Region of Peel
- Finding resources and services within the Region of Peel on child development and family well-being
- “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years”
- Provide enhanced system navigation supports.