Caregiver Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
This workshop is intended for family members and caregivers who would like to enhance their skills in managing crisis situations, and learn about de-escalation techniques. Participants will be provided with an overview of the verbal and non-verbal communication concepts and strategies taught in the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® (NVCI) training program that can help in the support and care of family members, or people they support, with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), both at home and in the community.
- Date: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
- Time: 1:00pm to 4:30pm
- Cost: there is no cost to participate
Please note that participants will not receive a certificate of completion, or become NVCI certified.
As a result of participating in this workshop, participants will be able to:
- describe how to respond to various levels of crisis behaviours
- recognize the importance of responding to crisis situations in a calm manner in order to influence a positive outcome
- describe the decision-making-matrix when assessing risk behaviour
- apply a framework to help guide caregivers and the individuals in distress through a process of re-establishing the relationship
- Caregiver Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) will be delivered virtually via Zoom. The Zoom link will be e-mailed by Kerry’s Place two business days before the event start.
This offering will be delivered virtually via Zoom. The Zoom link will be e-mailed by Kerry’s Place staff two business days prior to the day of the scheduled event. If you do not see the e-mail in your inbox, please check your junk mail folder or spam folder. If you still haven’t received an e-mail with the Zoom Link, please contact email@example.com explaining the problem. We will do our best to answer your request as soon as possible. To ensure you do not miss communication from Kerry’s Place, please add kerrysplace.org to your safe sender list.
To participate, the following is required:
- mobile device, tablet or computer
- internet connection
- speakers and a microphone
Please note: Registration does not guarantee a space in this webinar. To be eligible, completion of a Kerry’s Place Autism Services intake meeting and additional documentation may be required to attend.